Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Re-enabling MIDI2 ??

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Daniele del Bosco's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2001
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi, I?m a new member, but an old lurker. Is here a mercifull soul able to help me with some info?
    I have an EWS64Xl, with microwavePC, and with the codec in "asleep" mode. Now, I?m so far that I badly need the MIDI 2, and I tried everything but I can?t install it. I just heard through the grapewine that for enabling midi 2, I would need to re-enable my Codec first. Is this true?
    Can someone describe me how to do this? (how to wake up my codec, how to enable the midi2 etc)?? No detail will be too much, try to make it understandable for fools like me.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dan

  2. #2
    Inactive Member zappucco's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2001
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    >I have an EWS64Xl, with microwavePC, and with the codec in "asleep" mode.

    What do you mean? is it enabled in the Device Manager or it isn't?

    >Now, I?m so far that I badly need the MIDI 2, and I tried everything but I can?t install it. I just heard through the grapewine that for enabling midi 2, I would need to re-enable my Codec first. Is this true?

    Yes it is...but if you have it enabled you only have to enable Midi2 thru ewscfg, assign it an available IRQ and check that there are no IRQs conflicts. Otherwise, you must re-enable Codec, then enable Midi2, then you can 'asleep' Codec again.

    >Can someone describe me how to do this? (how to wake up my codec, how to enable the midi2 etc)?? No detail will be too much, try to make it understandable for fools like me.

    click the setup button in EWS mixer and enter in EWS configuration (MS-DOS mode). Enable Codec (WSS) picking a PnP IRQ and do the same with Midi 2. Click OK, restart windows. Open the Device manager (My PC, right button/Properties...)look for Terratec audio devices, select EWS Codec and click on properties. Check the box 'disable in this hardware profile' and you'll see a red cross at the left. Now you have Midi2 and Codec has free its resources.
    I'm traslating you from my spanish version of windows. If you need more explanations please email me.



    [This message has been edited by zappucco (edited January 04, 2001).]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Daniele del Bosco's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2001
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks a lot. I?ll see what I can do, and if I still need advice, I?ll take advantage of your invitation and mail you privately.
    Regards
    Dan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •